Only in America
Only in America...
- ...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
- ...are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
- ...do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
- ...do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and diet cokes.
- ...do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
- ...do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
- ...do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
- ...do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
- ...do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: "Poli," in Latin, meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures."
- ...do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering on them.
- ...can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box and a draft dodger live in the White House.