Actual Product Instructions
In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:
- On Sears hairdryer: "Do not use while sleeping".
- On a bag of Fritos: "You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside".
- On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
- On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestions: Defrost."
- On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom of box): "Do not turn upside down".
- On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating".
- On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body".
- On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication".
- On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness".
- On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only".
- On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use".
- On Sainsbury's peanuts: "Warning: Contains nuts".
- On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: open packet, eat nuts."
- On a child's Superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
- On a Swedish chain saw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals".