Extracts from UK Insurance Claim forms, collected by Norwich Union for their annual Christmas magazine.
- "I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought."
- "I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realized the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."
- Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident?
A: Traveled by bus?
- This Norwich Union customer collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were:
Q: What warning was given by you?
Q: What warning was given by the other party?
- "I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard."
- "On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke."
- "I was going at about 70 or 80 mph when my girlfriend on the pillion reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost control."
- "I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight"
- "I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk."
- Q: Do you engage in motorcycling, hunting or any other pastimes of a hazardous nature?
A: I Watch the Lottery Show and listen to Terry Wogan.
- "First car stopped suddenly, second car hit first car and a haggis ran into the rear of second car."
- "Windscreen broken. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo."
- "The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again"
- "I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment."
- "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."
- "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way"
- "A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face"
- "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car"
- "In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."
- "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not seethe other car."
- "I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
- "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck the pedestrian."
- "My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."
- "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished."
- "I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."